- Lighthouse at Alexandria -(destroyed by earthquake c. 1300s) It was about 120 m , This was the world's tallest buildings at the time it was built.
- Colossus of Rhodes -(destroyed by earthquake c.200 BC )This was the huge statue of the sun god
- Mausoleum at Halicarnassus -(destroyed by earthquake)This elaborate tomb for the King Mausolus has given the word Mausoleum.
- Statue of Zeus-( destroyed by fire c . AD 460) a 12 m tall gold and ivory statue of the king of gods, whose head nearly touched the top of the temple of Zeus( the site of original Olympic Games)
- Great Pyramids of Giza, Egypt- The amazing stone tomb of Pharaoh Khufu has lasted over 4,500 years.
- Hanging Gardens-(disappeared) King Nebuchadnezzar is believed to have had a spectacular palace and gardens with lush terraces and the support of pillars,built as gift for his homesick wife.
- Temple of Artemis at Ephesus-(destroyed by Goths in AD 262 ) an ancient Greek marble temple to honour of the goddess of hunting.